Friday

sometimes life inspires art

Yesterday afternoon I meet my kiwi chef at the pier for date number two. He greeted me with a kiss on the cheek and we walked along the waters edge, and through the very so lovely botanic gardens before finally settling into the Art Gallery of New South Wales. The day was as bright and warm as our conversation. When we arrived at the Gallery we poked around the exhibits, giving our thoughts. "What comes to mind when you see this?" He teases over an eclectic modern piece. He was the perfect companion to see the Gallery, not too serious, not too dismissive, and just cheeky enough. I was explaining my thoughts on a wavy contemporary painting, when a lady from South Africa took a photo of us. She showed us, and said with pleasure that she'd be using it for her own exhibit. After I swooned over a photograph of the Eiffel Tower opening, we headed to Paddington for a drink.

The afternoon quickly fell into the evening and before I knew it I was sharing a bottle of wine (and a few kisses) with Leonard Cohen and Jeff Buckley serenading us. There is just something about him I can't help but like, that I can't quite put my finger on. I feel like with him there is no one I'd rather be than myself and that is very refreshing. When I finally tore myself away, I got a lovely text message, "Thanks for a great day, you're smart, sweet and beautiful. I am very much looking forward to seeing you again."

I couldn't help feeling light headed, and it's not just the wine.

No comments: