Sunday

gushing over my boyfriend

I have a boyfriend.

My boyfriend helps me take out the garbage. He stops me to tell me I’m beautiful when I put my hair in a ponytail. He kisses my shoulder and my back when I’m writing emails and printing my travel itinerary. He puts his hand over my heart when we are lying together, post-bliss. He looks into my eyes, gives me his big warm smile, and holds me until we fall asleep. When I wake up, he greets me by saying, "good morning, beauty."

My boyfriend is freckly. His hair is ash blonde and he’s a full foot taller than me. He has light blue eyes and an infectious smile. He looks at me like he’s looking at something he’s known for a long time, and can’t replace. He reaches for my hand, when we are walking down the street or waiting for the bus and sometimes without warning he takes it and kisses it, being very debonaire. He finds so many places to leave his kisses, the tip of my nose, my elbow, the middle of my forehead, and I try to repay him, kissing each freckle that marks his light pink skin. He lets me swarm him with my affection and returns it threefold.

My boyfriend calls me back right after I text message him. He wraps me in his arms and kisses me sweetly, like the first time, when he sees me. He drops by to see me when I get back from being out of town. He spends the whole day with me. When we rush out for drinks, in the pouring rain and he looks back to make sure that I’m not swept away in the gushing gutter. He treats me to drinks and dinner.

He prefers my hair the way it is naturally, but gave me a hair dryer when mine broke just to make me happy. He’s the self professed authority on my beauty. I love lazing about in his arms. My boyfriend is easily becoming a very good friend.

My boyfriend makes me smile unendingly. In so many ways, he’s my opposite, but in more than just the way he kisses me, I find so much of myself balanced in him. I feel at ease knowing that we are seeing the world the same way. For every moment I spend with him, I want another two. I feel so lucky to have my life surrounded by his adoring affection. I’m so happy I found him in this far away city.

No comments: