Saturday

Converging voices

I've been bad. I've been deviating from my assertions. Running back and forth into my knight in shining whatever's arms. All the while the voices of, well it seems, everyone have been converging in my head. It's like a dizzying choir chanting a warning I can't help but hear but don't want to believe.

Yesterday, we talk and he mentions his disposition towards depression. In my head I am reminded of something I read in a birthday card from a (male) friend, a quote, that said: "Faith is an aptitude of the spirit. It is, in fact, a talent: you must be born with it" (Chekhov). It seems that this is the critical difference between us. Where in I have faith that things will get better (what some people call optimism), he is utterly devoid of this 'talent.'

I have to let him go. It's not just all these converging voices, it's that I'm starting to lose the grasp on one of the things that make my spirit soar, my faith in love.

No comments: