Saturday

Why blog, why?

Last night I found myself the third wheel at another downtown locale. Actually, this time I dragged my best friend and her boyfriend out, to see my ex-boyfriend's show. Earlier, our non-relationship was described by her as "rocky" as she made alternative back-up plans with another friend, a description that recent developments made me full heartedly agree.

As we joked back and forth about the various trials and tribulations I've experienced in my own search for love, my best friend suggests that I have a lot of great material for a book. Being so non-committal I thought a blog would be the right way to go, so here we are! Her boyfriend, George, agrees but thought my readers may have a problem believing my tales of woe.

Well, reader, I promise all my stories are true and sadly did happen to me. Some will be recent events from the trenches, some will be memories from days gone by, excerpts from letters and sometimes the rare adage of a journal entry.

I think cataloguing the catastrophes in my own dating life will help me sort through where I've been and hopefully give some laughs (and maybe some insights) to those relationships that have been utter disasters. Despite them though, I will keep searching, through all the crazies, the detached, unavailable, mindless men to find that person who fits me.

As a girl who had her very own three story dollhouse with electricity, a girl who loved reading fairy tales before she went to bed each night, I can't help but believe in the myth of love. Besides, I see it everywhere. I know it's just matter of time before I find that person. But in the meantime, we might as well have a couple of laughs at the ones who didn't make the cut.

No comments: